879 Problem Support
- Kroger would like to provide prompt support for the Price Change programs. You should contact the initial 879 Business/Operational contact or buyer with your initial questions or concerns. The division contact will be responsible for answering any questions during testing and production.
- To facilitate this, please have the following information available before placing your call this will speed up the process in handling your questions or concerns.
Communication Info - ISA ID and QUAL
Control # and date sent
- EDI will send a 997 functional acknowledgment for each 879
received. The vendor will be responsible for checking to see
if the 997 returned was either marked as accepted or rejected.
The receipt of an accepted functional acknowledgment only
verifies the receipt of the 879 by EDI. This does not mean the
879 was accepted in to the Division On-Line Purchasing System.
- Please contact your Business/Operational contact or buyer for verification
- EDI questions can be directed to the Kroger EDI TEAM via E-Mail: email@example.com
- Kroger requires each EDI Trading Partner sending 879's to have their EDI system set up to accept and use an 824 Application Advise.
824 Application Advice New: 824 Application Advise messages for Price Changes
Kroger is now sending 824-879 Price Change Status notices. Our
goal is for you, our Trading Partners, to use the 824 to take action
quickly on rejected price change information sent to you by Kroger.
Kroger does not intend to follow up with Trading Partners receiving
an 824 on rejected 879-price changes. The 824 will be Kroger’s
notification to your company there was a problem.
- Kroger will only send the 824 with price change status messages
to EDI Trading Partners who are sending Kroger the 879-price change transaction. Please send back a 997 functional acknowledgement on the 824.
- Kroger will send the 824 with the price change status messages to
the EDI Trading Partner (communication id) who sent the original 879 - price change. Kroger will not be able to route the (824) with price change status messages to a different EDI Trading Partner ID.
- Kroger will send within the 824 a summary noting the number of
accepted 879-price changes, and detailed information on the items
rejected. Example: Your company sent 20 879-price changes for the Atlanta division. 18 of the price changes were accepted. 2 were
rejected. Kroger will send a summary segment stating 18 of 20 price
changes were accepted. Kroger will also send 2 separate segments with details of each item that was rejected.
- Kroger will not send any warning messages on 879- price changes in
the 824. All error messages will be fatal. Fatal means, the price
change was rejected within the Kroger divisions system and it will be
your responsibility to research, fix, and resend the price change
correctly to Kroger
- Due to the fact each Kroger division has their own procurement
system (no centralized procurement system), Kroger will be sending
price change status messages from each division separately. We will
however be sending back the "price list reference" information sent
to Kroger in the G3601 segment from the 879. This information (if
sent to Kroger) will be sent in the 824 in the "Original Transaction
Identification", OTI segment (OTI02 and OTI03) for you to reference
back to your original 879.
- Please review the 879 duns + suffix listing posted on our web
site. This will clarify which Kroger division the message is being
sent in the N1 segment in the 824.
- Please review " 824-879 price change explanation" document for
more details on the cause of the rejection
Sample of 824 returned with price change status:
PER*IC*EDI.KROGER.COM OR EDI.INTER-AMERICANFOODS.COM~
TED*024*0610F-COST CHANGE REJECTED-ITEM NOT IN WHSE
PROD ID FILE*****01001111087654~
TED*024*0001 - COST CHANGE ACCEPTED WITHOUT
ERROR*****1 OF 2~
N104, with N101 = FR, contains the DUNS+suffix of the division the
status message applies to (refer to 879 DUNS listing)
OTI03 will contain the price list reference (from the 879 G3601);
this will contain an internal Kroger counter number, if no G3601 is
TED07 will contain the product id (UPC or GTIN) for any rejected
TED07 will contain the product id (UPC or GTIN) for any rejected price changes
Other elements contain the expected information per EDI standards
The TED02 will contain a Free Form Message describing the error.
Additional information may be sent in the TED07 and TED08 data
elements, to help identify the error.
an Error Code this should be looked up in the list of "price
change error codes" specific to price changes a Brief Description
this should be sufficient for describing the errors
An Acknowledgment Code will be sent, based on the levels of errors
Accepted No Fatal Errors were found: document will be used
Rejected At least one Fatal Error was found; document will NOT be
Each of these Acknowledgment Codes will be represented within the
OTI01 field, as follows:
Accepted OTI01 = "TA" Transaction Set Accept
Accepted OTI01 = "TA" Transaction Set Accept
0600 - 0699 879 Price Change Errors
For each error detected, a TED segment will be returned. The TED01
data element will contain a generic error condition, as defined in
the EDI Standards:
024 Other Unlisted Reason