ASN 856 Procedures
By following these procedures, the vendor will minimize any "ASN Outage(s)" that could occur while in production.
- Once the site ASN Coordinator and vendor have agreed to do ASN’s, the warehouse representative will call and or email the Kroger EDI ASN Coordinator.
- The vendor should visit our EDI web site so that the vendor understands the EDI requirements. The web site contains UCS mapping standards for an 856(ASN). For the compliance regulations regarding the physical, technical, and operational requirements of the product label placement/format, etc.). See Kroger’s ASN Logistic Requirements.
- If the vendor does not already have an EDI relationship with Kroger they need to fill out the "New Partner Set Up Form" located on the EDI web site. All of the information that is needed to set up the vendor as an EDI partner is on the form. Once submitted it will automatically be sent to the EDI Business Team.
Once the vendor is ready to test with the EDI department, the site ASN Coordinator will contact the Kroger EDI Coordinator. The specific date to begin testing should be agreed upon by the vendor and the Kroger EDI coordinator. To send TEST data, the information below is needed:
- Kroger’s Communication ID (ISA Header) for testing is 925411TEST.
- Qualifier = 08.
- GS03 = 5137624388.
- The Kroger EDI coordinator needs to know the SHIP FROM Duns + suffix numbers for all locations that the vendor will be shipping from.
- The Vendor needs to know the SHIP TO Duns + Suffix numbers for all the Kroger locations that will be receiving the 856. These can be found on our web site under locations (Ship to locations for 856 ASN Only)
- The Kroger EDI coordinator will monitor the progress of the test ASN(s) and will confirm with the vendor that they have received the 997 Functional Acknowledgment and an 824 Application Advice if there are errors.
- The data will also pass to WIN and that test will be monitored by the MIS-WIN representative, which will then be passed on to the warehouse.
- Once the truck arrives at the warehouse, the ASN will be received via the AID screen and not by the unload function. Each load will be individually scanned to verify the load characteristics. Any discrepancies will be noted and passed back to the vendor by the Site ASN Coordinator. Any corrective measures needed concerning the product label and/or load characteristics should be corrected at this time and subsequent tests shall follow until it is agreed by the Site ASN Coordinator that the problem(s) have been corrected.
- The ASN must be consistently sent at least 90 minutes before the truck arrives at the warehouse. Once it is agreed that everything is running smoothly and without errors, the vendor will be placed in production status for ASN’s. The vendor will at this time change the EDI communication ID’s for Kroger to our production ID’s. The first production ASN’s, as in the testing mode, shall be monitored by all parties involved (Kroger EDI Coordinator, MIS- WIN Representative, Site ASN Coordinator, and the vendor that is sending the ASN). The Kroger EDI Coordinator will contact MIS-WIN Representative concerning this date and time
- A vendor must continually monitor for return of the 997 and 824 documents for each group of ASN(s) sent. When a rejected ASN is detected, via the 997 or 824, the vendor will need to undertake investigative and corrective measures immediately. Otherwise, the ASN will not be processed and sent to the warehouse prior to the truck arriving to the warehouse.